Cambridge Sprint Enduro
May 5 & 6, 2018
YES, Cambridge Sprint Enduro is still ON!
That being said, it takes many man-hours to prepare for this event which usually is done by few over several weeks. This year we need many hands over the next two weeks to get the work done. Everyone is welcome to come help, racers and non-racers alike. You don't need a bike or wheeler or tools, we just need bodies and we'll take it from there. If you have the time and can volunteer please fill out our volunteer form and someone will be in contact. Thank you!
This Sprint Enduro is held at the Norsemen owned property in Cambridge, MN which includes a woods course, moto track and a TT track.
You MUST be an AMA and District member to participate in Norsemen events. For more information on requirements click here.
2018 Cambridge Sprint Enduro will not only pay AMA points in District 23 but also District 22. Welcome Iowa riders!
Barney Larson Memorial Event
Barney Larson was one of the Founding Members of the Norsemen Motorcycle Club
Norsemen Triple Crown
In order to qualify for the drawing for the Honda CRF50F you must participate in the Cambridge Sprint Enduro May 5 & 6 ~ Trollhaugen Hare Scrambles July 15 ~ Mora Enduro July 28 & 29. The drawing will be held after the Mora Enduro. Come join us for these three great events and Good Luck!
2018 Micro & Macro Class riders
The Norsemen Motorcycle Club is paying all rider entries for the District 23 Micro & Macro riders for all Norsemen events in 2018. This includes Cambridge Sprint Enduro ~ Trollhaugen Hare Scrambles ~ Mora Enduro
If you ride the D23 Micro or Macro Classes your entry fee is free!
Here is the most recent information:
How this works, first of all, all riders have to be signed up before sign up closes, 8:55 a.m. for the C Class and 11:55 a.m. for the A and B Classes. The reason for this is we have to get the sign up database to all 6 scoring computers out on the race course before racing can begin, at this point riders cannot be added.
- All riders will have to keep track of sections and laps that are required to complete the race; please do not ask the scoring people how many times you have ran a section, that’s not what they are there to do.
- Start and finish of each section will be near each other. You will be given a colored sticker at sound test, that will determine your starting section. You will ride that section first, then you may choose your next section until all laps are complete. Example, if you need to ride loop 3, 4 times, then you just get back in line and keep riding until your laps are complete. DO NOT RIDE A SECTION MORE TIMES THAN REQUIRED! If you ride a loop more times than required, your fastest time will be thrown out. MotoTally will not count additional laps, it's a waste of time for us and for you, please don't do it. There are no re-dos, if you get a bad lap.
- If you do not complete all laps that are required, you will DNF the whole race. All riders have to be scored the same to work, since one person may DNF Loop 2 of Section 1 and another rider DNF's Loop 2 of Section 2, the only way to score this is an overall DNF.
- There is reset time, used as the rider wishes. You will have a short transfer section to go from parking to Section 1, you could use it to get fuel for your bike or take a breather. No matter how you use it you still have to complete the race in the time allotted. If you are not in line when the check closes you will have a DNF on your score.
- PeeWee, Premier and Girls Classes 12 miles ~ Section 2 - 2 laps ~ Section 3 - 2 laps
- C Class 21.6 miles ~ Section 1 - 2 laps ~ Section 2 - 2 laps ~ Section 3 - 3 laps
- B Class 27.3 miles ~ Section 1 - 3 laps ~ Section 2 - 3 laps ~ Section 3 - 3 laps
- A Class 36.4 miles ~ Section 1 - 4 laps ~ Section 2 - 4 laps ~ Section 3 - 4 laps
- Micro and Macro Classes 30 minutes
- Micro and Macro Classes will be given 30 minutes plus what it takes to finish
- PeeWee, Premier and Girls Classes should be able to finish within an hour but checks won't close until all riders have a chance to finish
- C Class will be given 2 hours 20 minutes
- A and B Classes will be given 3 hours 20 minutes
- Youth are running on Saturday May 5, Micro and Macro Classes start at 2:00 p.m.
- PeWee, Premier and Girls Classes start at 3:00 p.m.
- C Class starts on Sunday May 6 around 9:10 a.m.
- A and B Classes start on Sunday around 12:10 p.m.
Some other points
- Micro and Macro Classes will all be within the TT course and parents will be able to see them the whole time
- New riders may find some of the terrain a challenge
- All riders will be transponder scored, if you do not have a transponder you will need to purchase one
- All riders will need numbers on their bikes. D23 Hare Scrambles numbers work just fine, if you do not have numbers you will need to purchase numbers
- All riders on Sunday must pass sound test, just like any other off road race in D23
- Section 1 (Red) is all woods and tight Enduro trail, may take people longer to complete
- Section 2 (Green) is open grass track with some woods, most likely to be your fastest loop
- Section 3 (Yellow) is moto track, grass track, and little woods, the longest of the 3 loops but very fast
- At the start of each section, a flagger will start each rider individually 15-30 seconds apart, you are racing the clock
- Video is posted on the D23 Facebook page, search Jason Goth D23 and you should be able to get a glimpse of the course
- THINK! Don’t use up all your reset time only to run out at the end and get a DNF
- Let faster riders go by, it’s easier to follow a fast rider than ride in front of them
- Be kind to all the workers, we are all volunteers and are already overworked
Most importantly, Have Fun! You get to do something on the weekends that other people only dream of.
Are you ready for a Sprint Enduro?
We are excited to offer the first Sprint Enduro in District 23! Simply put, Sprint Enduro is individual off-road motorcycle racing, against the clock.
Picture the sweetest, best flowing grass track combined with some great trails, and you holding it wide open for 6-10 minutes around the track trying to do a lap as quick as possible. This is an Enduro, so you're racing against the clock, not head-to-head against other riders.
TWO ISDE STYLE SPECIAL TESTS
ONE CENTRAL START / FINISH AREA
NO CONFUSING TIME KEEPING
LOWEST TOTAL TIME WINS
9 miles west of Cambridge on Highway 95. Turn right on Minnesota Highway 47 1 mile to the track entrance. Follow arrows.
- AMA card, parent present with minors (racing or spectating)
- District card (one day available at sign up)
- Valid D23 Bike Number (available for $5.00 at sign up if you don't have one)
- Functioning MotoTally RFID Transponder (available for $5.00 at sign up if you don't have one)
- US Forestry Service Approved spark arrestor
- SOUND TEST WILL BE GIVEN must pass 96 decibels as per AMA rules.
- $40.00 Motorcycle Classes
$20.00 Micro & Macro EnduroFREE
- $20.00 PeeWee, Premier, Girls Enduro
- $30.00 Vintage Class
- $10.00 X-Rider Class *Limitations apply see additional rules for this exhibition class
$10.00 per person
10 and under FREE
Military members FREE
Seniors (over 65) FREE
Gates open Sunday at 7:00 a.m.
Concessions will be provided by a local Boy Scout Troop so come hungry and support the kids.
Camping is not available onsite.