June 24-25, 2017
September 30 - October 1, 2017
Trail Boss: Duane Nienow
The MN 300 is a 2 day adventure ride through the Walker/Leech Lake area in northern MN. The route consists of two loops, each approximately 150 miles. The loops begin and end at the Northern Lights Casino, 4 1/2 miles east of Walker on Hwy 200, and use the many forest roads, snowmobile, and ATV trails in the area. Ride one loop the 1st day; ride the other the 2nd day. The ride is GPS guided. Although we highly recommend riders have a GPS, or ride with someone with a GPS, a route sheet with maps constructed specifically for the event are also provided. GPS tracks (.gpx), maps and event information will be mailed electronically to all registered riders one (1) week before the event. You must pre-register for this event. Enrollment will be limited to the first 100 riders.
There will be a social room on Friday evening. For the GPS illiterate, in addition to socializing, there will be people available to help load tracks, discuss route details, and generally assist with GPS/Course associated issues. There will also be a pre-ride meeting and continental breakfast each morning. The Saturday night banquet will feature a cash bar, buffet, awards session, and a perfect opportunity to bench race.
We have negotiated a $65/nite reduced rate for lodging at the casino for the event, be sure to let them know you are with the Norsemen MN300 to get one of the rooms blocked for the event. The casino has a large parking lot and free RV parking. In addition the casino has a limited amount of RV parking areas with electrical hook-ups available. This service is free on a 1st come, 1st serve basis. There are also numerous other lodging/camping options in the area.The casino operates a shuttle to the Walker downtown area. This is a popular time of the year with tourists in the Walker area, so make reservations early.
Great weather made for a great event in 2015!
Pictures from the event are in our photo gallery.
Northern Lights Casino
6800 Y Frontage Rd NW
Walker, MN 56484
Check MN 300 FAQ's for more information.
Friday, September 29
6:00-9:00 pm GPS Information session/Sign-in/Social period
Saturday, September 30
7:00 - 9:00 am Continental Breakfast/Sign-in
8:30 am Pre-ride meeting
9:00 am - 6:00 pm MN 300 Adventure Ride. Half ride east loop/half ride west loop
6:00 pm - 11:00 pm Awards/Banquet
Sunday, October 1
7:00 -9:00 am Continental Breakfast/Sign-in
8:30 am Pre-ride meeting
9:00 am - 3:00 pm MN 300 Adventure Ride. Half ride east loop/half ride west loop
All riders are responsible for the following:
- GPS unit (Or, ride with someone who has a GPS)
- A well maintained street legal motorcycle with all equipment required by MN law such as an approved spark arrestor and meeting MN sound level limits.
- 75 mile fuel range recommended (Gas options exist at 40 mile ranges but require short deviations from the route)
- Although not mandatory, it is highly recommended all riders have protective riding gear for off-road riding including, but not limited to:
- D.O.T. approved helmet
- Goggles or appropriate eye protection
- Riding boots
Payment can be made with a credit card online via Paypal or you can print out the registration form and mail it in with a check.
- Rider Fee - includes continental breakfasts/banquet $75.00
- Passenger Fee - includes continental breakfasts/banquet $40.00
- Banquet only $25.00
- T-Shirt only $20.00 each
If you are paying by check, fill out the form and print it. Make checks payable to the Norsemen Motorcycle Club. Send the completed form and payment to:
2051 – 138th Avenue NW
Andover, MN 55304
Incomplete forms may void/delay your registration. LIMITED TO THE FIRST 100 PAID RIDERS. Your submission of this form online or in writing affirms the information you have provided is current and true and you understand your registration fees are non-refundable.
On-Line REGISTRATION CLOSES 9/16/2017 or when 100 riders have registered and paid. Mailed registration forms must be received before on-line registration closes.
** This is a rain or shine event so dress accordingly!
After registering online you can go to http://www.paypal.com and send payment to email@example.com
or mail payment to:
2051 – 138th Avenue NW
Andover, MN 55304.
Minnesota State Road Motorcycle Laws
- Accepts motorcycle endorcements from other states
- Daytime headlight use is required by state law 169.974, 5(i) Modulating headlight permitted per Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, 571.108
- Eye protection required by law; 169.974, 4(a)
- Helmet speaker single earphone only; 169.471
- Lane splitting not authorized; 169.974, 5(e)
- Max A-weighted sound level ranges from 80-90 dba measured at 50 feet; Rule 7030.1050
- One mirror required by law; 169.974, 3
- Motorcycle operating two abreast in same lane allowed; 169-974, 5(e)
- Muffler required; Rule 7030.1010
- Any motorcycle with a seat designed or suited for use by a passenger must be equipped with footrests or floorboards for the passenger; 169.974, 3(a)
- Passenger seat required if carrying a passenger; 169.974, 5(a)
- Periodic safety inspection required by law - random; 169.771
- Safety helmet required under age 18; Minnesota statutes Section 169.974, subsection 4
- State insurance requirement compulsory liability (minimum limits)(30/60/10)
- Traffic accuated signals affirmative defense; Minnesota Statutes, 169.06 Signals and Markings, Subd. 9