June 18, 2017 CANCELLED
Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Mora Enduro is cancelled. There is not an alternative date or event in place at this time; that may or may not change. We will go through the proper channels in the event that a different date/event is made available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The Mora Enduro is held in the Snake River State Forest and has been for 60 years.
The Main Enduro will be a straight up restart Enduro, with no time keeping required. Anyone who enjoys and loves challenging single track Enduro trail, and wants the challenge of an enduring course, will enjoy every minute of their day.
There is some muddy areas, but with a great deal of effort, the trail team has put in close to 5 new ground miles of trail which was laid out with a GPS over the winter months. This new trail was added to navigate around the worst areas from last year and keep the riding tests on the highest ground possible.
The trails are in excellent shape, and upwards of 30 people have put in many hours preparing the course, including mowing the trail to knock down and eliminate the undergrowth as best as possible.
The Mora Enduro is legendary and is the longest running Enduro in Minnesota. With a long history and reputation, our goal is to keep the legend running and give the riders the tests they want.
All of the trails are in a closed State Forest area, and the only time anyone has a chance to ride some of the best Enduro trail in the upper Midwest is on the "MORA" legendary Enduro weekend.
**You MUST be an AMA and District member to participate in Norsemen events. Get more information on requirements.
2017 Mora Enduro will not only pay AMA points in District 23 but also District 22 and 16. Welcome Iowa and Wisconsin riders!
2017 Micro & Macro Class riders
The Norsemen Motorcycle Club is paying all rider entries for the District 23 Micro & Macro riders for all Norsemen events in 2017. This includes Cambridge Sprint Enduro~ Mora Enduro ~ Cambridge TT's ~ Trollhaugen Hare Scrambles
If you ride the D23 Micro or Macro Classes your entry fee is free!
June 17, 2017
The intent of the Family Enduro is to help teach the sport of Enduro's to young riders and older riders who are new to off road riding. Enduro computers are not allowed, only an odometer and a watch will be needed. The spirit of the Family Enduro is to have fun and treasure the time you ride with your entire family.
We will be using the timekeeping format. One of our intentions is to teach the new Enduro riders how to keep time at a traditional Enduro. The speed averages for these events are 12 to 18 miles per hour depending on the terrain and length of the sections. There is a break (reset or pause) in between each loop to allow the participants a break and to allow for the sweep riders to clear the trail.
As a typical Enduro, the checkpoints are secret. Each loop will have an emergency (tie breaker) check. Mileage markers will be posted through the loop as some riders may not have an odometer on their bike. In addition to the secret and emergency checks, we will use observation checks - part of the Enduro experience.
Class structure for the Family Enduro
- Micro 4-8, oil injected 50cc 2 stroke or 4 stroke automatic (with max wheel diameter of 10")
- Macro 4-8, 50cc 2 stroke premix chain, 80cc 4 stroke. DS80, PW80, XR80 (not all inclusive)
- Peewee 7-11, 0-65cc 2 stroke; 9-11 PW80, DS80, 80cc 4 stroke (not all inclusive)
- Premier 7-15, 0-85cc 2 stroke, big wheel 85/112, up to 150cc 4 stroke. Rider must be at least 12 years old to ride a motorcycle 86cc or larger 2 stroke and 150cc 4 stroke (not all inclusive)
- Girls 9/15, 52-112cc 2 stroke, 52-150cc 4 stroke. Rider must be at least 12 years old to ride a motorcycle 86cc or larger 2 stroke and 150cc 4 stroke (not all inclusive)
Exhibition class: Riders who want to be scored, but not interested in a trophy. If you want to ride for fun to provide support to your child or family you will be assigned to this class.
Micro and Macro will start on later rows to minimize traffic and passing on the trail.
In general, parents and support riders should ride BEHIND their child. It is easier to monitor their riding and helps the rider develop a better understanding of timekeeping and strategy if they attempt to ride the event on their own as much as possible.
Mini 46.164775, -93.218984
Mini start is approximately 4 miles from the main event start, follow the arrows from Highway 65.
Main Event start Highway 65 approximately 16 miles north of Mora. Turn east on County Road 82 (Woodland); go east 4 miles and turn left (north) on Olympic Street. Go 2 miles north and turn right (east) on 380th Avenue. Go 2.2 miles to the start. Follow the arrows from Highway 65.
- Mini Saturday 10:00 a.m.
- Main event Sunday 7:00 a.m.
Main 46.129701, -93.191792
- Family Enduro Saturday 12:00 p.m. Enduro School & Rider Meeting preceding
- Main event Sunday 9:00 a.m.
Click HERE for information on AMA District 23 Classes
- Family Enduro will run on a 10 mile loop with fun trails for all ages and skill level.
- Micro and Macro will run 1 lap
- All other classes will run 2 laps
- Main event will consist of a single loop of approximately 60 ground miles, with ample resets for all. There will be 18 mph and 24 mph sections.
A good mix of flat and rolling hills mixed with a few rocks. Mora Enduro utilizes some of the most pristine single track trails in the state. These trails can only be ridden during this event.
- AMA card, parent present with minors (racing or spectating)
- District card (one day available at sign up)
- US Forestry Service Approved spark arrestor
- SOUND TEST WILL BE GIVEN must pass 96 decibels as per AMA rules.
- $40.00 Main Enduro
$20.00 Micro & Macro EnduroFREE
- $20.00 PeeWee, Premier, Girls Enduro
- $10.00 X-Rider Class *Limitations apply see additional rules for this exhibition class
- $10.00 Family Enduro Exhibition Calss
- Primitive camping is available at the Enduro start but space is limited. Please conserve space when parking.
- There will be no concessions available on site.