Cambridge Hare Scrambles
We had a great event Sunday May 8. Thanks to all the riders who attended and also to the Mothers in attendance on Mother's Day.
National Enduro comes to Minnesota!
The Norsemen would like to welcome all the National Enduro riders coming to Minnesota for the Huntersville National Enduro June 19, 2016 hosted by the River Valley Enduro Riders.
There is a 500 rider limit for this event so you need to enter ASAP.
START CONTROL ~ RESTART FORMAT
- Ample pauses, 2 Gas Stops, 2 Cans Needed
- Gas Trailers Provided
- Pit Crews can drive to Gas Stops
- All trails are on state & private property
- No Spectators or Pit Crews allowed on trail
- Spectator Maps Available at Sign-up
- All scoring will be done electronically
- Transponders will be available for $15
- NEPG uses a different transponder than ARMCA23
INSPECTION ~ SIGN UP
- Saturday 2:00 pm until 6:00 pm
- Sunday open at 6:30 am
- USFS Stamped Spark Arrestor required
- Lights and tag are not required
- Key Time 9:00 am
- Riders Meeting 8:15 am
- Pre-Entry $55.00
- Pro Class $80.00
with 100% payback
- Semi Factory park by Outpost Bar
- Auxiliary Parking
- Free parking in pasture for Pick-up Trucks, Trailers, Vans, Cars & RV’s
- Americ Inn & Suites (Park Rapids) 218-732-1234
- Super 8 (Park Rapids) 214-732-9704
- C’mon Inn (Park Rapids) 800-258-6891
- Americ Inn (Wadena) 218-631-1580
- Americas Best Inn (Staples) 218-894-3585
- Concessions will be available Saturday & Sunday
- Spaghetti dinner available, sponsored by The & Park Rapids Youth Hockey Association
- E-mail email@example.com
- Kraig Hinkemeyer 612-247-2039
- Ralph Feld 320-248-4499
- An RFID antenna will receive your time from your RFID transponder that will be stuck under your helmet visor and send it to an Android device that will then transmit it via cell tower or satellite in real time to the internet.
- Anyone in the world that clicks on the link for that event can see how you and everyone else in the event is placing overall, and in your class, as each rider comes through each check point.
- Anyone viewing the results can click on an individual rider and bring up their personal profile to see where they are from, their photo and other details that the rider has uploaded.
- You will be able to view your times on your smart phone or at the scoring trailer during the event that will be displayed in the actual time (down to the thousand of a second) it took each rider to ride each test.
- Awards will be handed out sooner because there will no longer be a need to wait for scoring equipment to come back from the course to score that section.
SCORING SYSTEM FEATURES
- Rider management of their own account that in the future will have links to Face book, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Easier on-line registration process, especially for multiple riders.
- Real time scoring as riders pass through each checkpoint.
- Scores calculated in the actual time it takes the rider to ride the test to the thousand of a second.
- View scores on your smartphone during the event.
- Watch live commentary from the NEPG staff along with results so you know the whole story.
- Online results that lists riders overall & class position
Trail Design, Layout and Construction Workshop
This workshop is still in the planning stages. Current information includes:
- The workshop will be based on the NOHVCC Great Trails guide book
- One day of classroom activity and two days in the field
- Will be taught by RecConnect's Dick Dufourd (guide book author)
Check the NOHVCC web site for additional details and other information.
Family, Youth Memberships, One-Event Race Pass Now Available from the AMA
Racers now have a choice of one of five memberships: AMA Competition Plus, AMA Competition, AMA Family (not available for purchase on event day), AMA Youth or an AMA One-Event Pass. Get all the information HERE.
Congratulations to the #1 Norsemen who finished in the top of their class in 2015
- Logan Kittock - A Lites
- Jonathan Banks - Vet A
- Paul Reschke - Super Senior A
- Bob Maki - Super Senior B
- Steve Reschke - Masters
- Tawnia Stukel - Women 30+
- Joseph Goth - Junior
- Dalton Kittock - Premier
- Joseph Goth - PeeWee
- Ryanne Artmann - Macro
Hare Scrambles Champions
- Dylan Debel - AA
- Logan Kittock - 200 A
- Paul Reschke - Super Senior A
- Brady Kittock - Junior
- Steve Danelius - Sportsman
AMA 2016 Rule Book Addition
REASON: Adding a new type of Enduro for promoters with limited space.
Chapter K; Section 2.3
K. Sprint Enduro
- A Sprint Enduro follows the rules for Enduro's with the following exceptions:
- There is a time limit to complete the required test section or tests.
- Test sections will be 2-7 miles in length and may consist of various terrain including woods, motocross, man-made obsticles, grass tracks, and other off-road terrain.
- All loops must be ran in consecutive section order.
- Riders will be informed on the number of sections or tests that they must complete in the allowed time.
- The riders test times will be recorded at the end of each test section, in minutes and seconds and at the end of the event all test scores will be totaled up and the lowest score wins.
- In the event of a tie, the tied riders last test score will break the tie. If there is still a tie, the first rider with better time in the next preceding test wins.